“We are so glad to be returning to a face-to-face meeting,” said Preston Aust, Mississippi State Extension specialist. “We hope our soybean producers in the tri-state area will once again enjoy the in-person opportunity to hear national and state-by-state updates, ask questions and see friends again.”
The half-day meeting opens at 8 a.m. with registration and winds up at 12:45 p.m. with lunch. It includes a break to allow attendees to visit the trade show.
Here’s the 2022 agenda:
• 8:30 a.m. Introduction: Preston Aust / Invocation: Curt Lacy, Extension
professor and regional extension coordinator for MSU.
• 8:35-9:20 a.m. United Soybean Promotion Board update: UMB representative.
• Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board update: MSPB representative.
• State specialists update: Trent Irby, associate Extension professor for Mississippi State; David Moseley, assistant professor and state soybean specialist for Louisiana State University; and Jeremy Ross, Extension soybean agronomist for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
• 9:20-9:50 a.m. Tap root decline: Tom Allen, Extension/research professor, crop
plant pathology, Mississippi State University.
• 9:50-10:20 a.m. Fertility and the potash calculator: Trent Roberts, the Endowed
Chair in Soil Fertility Research for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
• 11:00-11:30 a.m. Cover crops/conservation practices/insurance premiums:
James Hendrix, LSU AgCenter conservation agronomist.
• 11:30-Noon Irrigation efficiency and technology: Drew Gholson, assistant
• Noon-12:30 p.m. Marketing/trade update: Brian Mills, Will Maples, both assistant
professors for MSU.
• 12:30-12:45 Scholarship presentations.
• 12:45 Lunch.
There is no cost to attend. For more information, contact Preston Aust at email@example.com or 662-247-2915.