In case you missed attending one or more of the virtual field days this season, we have posted links to the ones that were recorded for later viewing.
• 2020 University of Tennessee Virtual Soybean Scout School
If you weren’t able to sit in on the virtual scout school earlier, the presentations are online for viewing at http://utcrops.com/soybean/VSSchool.htm. They are broken into topics, such as soybean weed management, insect scouting and managing soybean diseases, to name a few.
• 2020 LSU AgCenter Dean Lee Research and Extension Center Virtual Field Day
View the presentations by visiting the LSU AgCenter’s Central Region YouTube page. They are broken into topics, such as corn earworms, Palmer amaranth control and estimating cotton yield potential.
• 2020 University of Tennessee Milan No-Till Field Day
The tour has gone virtual this year in light of COVID-19. View the presentations at https://milannotill.tennessee.edu/research-tours/
• 2020 LSU AgCenter Northeast Louisiana Row Rice Field Day
This is a virtual event that can be viewed on the AgCenter’s Northeast Louisiana Row Rice YouTube channel. The videos are broken up into subjects, such as diseases, insects, breeding, rice and soybeans, and soybean diseases.
• 2020 North Carolina State University Blackland Farm Managers Tour
View the individual presentations from this tour at Beaufort County YouTube channel
• 2020 University of Missouri Fisher Delta Research Center Field Day
Videos of the presentations are posted at https://delta.missouri.edu/field-day/.
• North Carolina State University Late Season Soybean Management Webinar
View the presentations online at YouTube
• Clemson University Edisto REC Field Day
Research involving corn, cotton, peanuts and soybeans are featured in the Edisto REC videos. Researchers address herbicide options, nitrogen management, insect control and irrigation practices, as well as information for managing Palmer amaranth and variety tests for corn, grain sorghum and soybeans. Video presentations are posted at https://www.clemson.edu/cafls/research/fieldday/
• University of Arkansas Virtual Soybean Field Day
The video presentations, broken down into topics, are available for viewing at https://aaes.uark.edu/field-days/soybean/
• University of Tennessee Virtual Soybean Disease Field Day
View the presentations on YouTube. The different topics are broken down into individual videos for ease of viewing.
• Dec. 7-9, 2020: Mississippi State University Row Crop Short Course
Mark your calendars for this event.It’s received rave reviews and just continues to grow in attendance. More details as the event grows closer.
• Feb. 9-11, 2021: Louisiana Agricultural Consultants Association Annual Meeting
Randolph Riverfront Center, Alexandria, Louisiana. Check back later for more details.
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Soybean South editor Vicky Boyd at email@example.com.