• Through March 6, 2020: Arkansas NRCS Surge Valve and Soil Moisture Sensor School
Four locations in the eastern part of the state – Weiner, Searcy, Walnut Ridge and Jonesboro. Choose one that’s convenient for you. The cost of this is $500; which includes four Watermark sensors ($28 each), a manual reader ($200), slide hammer ($200), and a soil probe. To individually purchase these items from vendors would cost over $600. All tools and necessary supplies are provided, participants will be ready to install sensors and program surge valves in the spring. Cost $500 for up to four people from one farm. Cost can be adjusted if participants already have purchased sensors to build, have a slide hammer, and/or a manual reader. Bring these items to the school and only pay for the items you need. The cost of the workshop is only to defray the cost of supplies and irrigation tools and for the convenience of the participants in obtaining the tools necessary to start using sensors – event details
• Through March 16, 2020: Alabama Cooperative Extension Auxin Training
Registration is $15. Times and locations vary, so choose one near you – event details
• Through March 26, 2020: North Carolina State University Auxin Best Management Practices Training
Attending one of these classes will fulfill the training requirement mandated by federal and 24(c) labels of dicamba-containing products registered for over-the-top use on dicamba-tolerant cotton and soybeans – click to view the schedule
• Feb. 25, 2020: Louisiana Farm Bureau Grain Bin Rescue Training, Morehouse Activity Center, 9555 Marlatt St., Bastrop, Louisiana. Lunch at noon, program runs from 12:30-3 p.m. Louisiana Farm Bureau Federation is partnering with the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation to host grain bin safety and rescue training for farmers and emergency responders. Local host: Morehouse Parish Farm Bureau. The training is free, but please RSVP to Tina Cameron at 318-283-0200
or firstname.lastname@example.org, to ensure enough food.
• Feb. 26, 2020: Soil Health Workshop and Cover Crop Field Day
LSU AgCenter Northeast Field Station, St. Joseph, Louisiana – event details
• Feb. 26, 2020: Louisiana Farm Bureau Grain Bin Rescue Training
Tensas Parish Community Center, 402 Levee St, St Joseph, Louisiana. Tensas Parish Fire Protection District #1 will host the grain bin rescue safety training. A meal will be served at 5:30 p.m.; the classroom portion will begin at 6 p.m. and should last approximately 1 hour, followed by practical training. The full program will last approximately 2.5-3 hours. The training is open to all fire department personnel, farmers and other ag workers who have grain bins or plan to have bins in the future. RSVP by Feb. 14 to ensure enough food. The contact person is Fire Chief Ricky Jones, 118 Arts Drive, St. Joseph, Louisiana. Office phone is 318-766-3004. RSPV by calling the Tensas Fire Office, 318-766-3004, or email Ricky Jones: email@example.com or Amy Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Feb. 27, 2020: Louisiana Farm Bureau Grain Bin Rescue Training
Pointe Coupee Multi-Use Center, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads, Louisiana. Louisiana Farm Bureau Federation is partnering with the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation to host grain bin safety and rescue training for farmers and emergency responders. Dinner at 5:30 p.m., program runs from 6-8:30 p.m. Local host: Pointe Coupee Parish Farm Bureau. The training is free, but please RSVP to Kelly LeJeune at 225-638-8626 or email@example.com to ensure enough food.
• Feb. 27-29, 2020: Commodity Classic
San Antonio, Texas – event details
• Feb. 28-29, 2020: 68th Annual Mid-South Farm & Gin Show
Cook Convention Center, Memphis, Tennessee – event details
• March 3-5, 2020: Mississippi State University Irrigation Training
The Mississippi State University Extension Service will offer multiple opportunities March 3-5 for Delta row-crop producers to get help with an important irrigation planning tool. Extension professionals will be at county Extension offices throughout the Delta to offer assistance with the free, web-based poly tubing application “Pipe Planner,” discuss furrow irrigation, and answer questions about field, well and poly tubing choices. The free, come-and-go sessions are designed for individual consultations and in-person assistance with field mapping – chose a day and location near you
• March 5, 2020: Mid-South Agricultural Trade Conference
UT Martin Boling University Center in Martin, Tennessee. The conference is being hosted by the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture, UT Extension, UT Martin and the Tennessee Department of Agriculture – event details
• July 23, 2020: University of Arkansas Row Crops Field Day, Rohwer Research Station
140 Experiment Station Loop, Watson, Arkansas – check back later for more information.
• Aug. 5, 2020: University of Arkansas Row Crops Field Day, Northeast Research & Extension Center
1241 W. County Road 780, Keiser, Arkansas – check back later for more information.
• Dec. 7-9, 2020: Mississippi State University Row Crop Short Course
Mark your calendars for this event.It’s received rave reviews and just continues to grow in attendance. More details as the event grows closer.
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Soybean South editor Vicky Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.